The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is accepting applications for the Tama County Grants Program to attract additional funds to assist donors in creating lasting legacies through a variety of giving options within Tama County.
The Tama County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, is created by and for the people of Tama County.
The Tama County Community Foundation will provide grants to improve life in Tama County, Iowa. They want to help develop communities that people want to live in, as well as to benefit rural areas of the county. Foundation funding supports projects in the following program areas:
- Arts & Culture;
- Community Betterment;
- Historic Preservation;
- Human Service.
- Requests that show multiple funding sources for project will be given higher priority by the Tama County Community Foundation.
- Requests that include salaries and/or labour will be given lower priority by the Tama County Community Foundation. Requests with detailed bids/estimates are given preference when labour is included in the project request.
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of Tama County and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable;
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any outstanding grant reports for previous Tama Community Foundation grants.
For groups, projects, or initiatives that do not meet the above eligibility requirements, the Community Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project. Fiscal Sponsors will be legally and financially responsible for any grant funds that are awarded by the Tama County Community Foundation.
Applications will be reviewed and scored on the following elements:
- Organization – The overall health of the organization and how the application reflects the organization’s capability for completing the project.
- Feasibility – The probability the project will be successful, including the organization’s level of staff/volunteers and collaboration with community partners.
- Community Impact and Outcomes – The need for the project and how the proposed outcomes impact the community/county.
- Project Budget – The details of the budget and the ability to secure and/or leverage other funding sources, including in-kind services.
For more information, visit https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grant-opportunities/18-tama-county-grants