The Community Foundation of Shelby County is seeking applications for the Community Grant Program.
The Community Foundation of Shelby County is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose mission is to cultivate, administer and distribute legacy gifts for the benefit of community. Formed in 1952, the Foundation serves Shelby County (Ohio) and surrounding areas. They administer more than 200 charitable funds, each with a defined granting purpose.
The Community Impact Fund enables the Board to have complete discretion over grants. The Roscoe Beanblossom Fund provides grants that support needy and worthy Shelby County youth. The John Douglas Long Blind Fund benefits Shelby County residents affected or afflicted by blindness or seriously impaired eyesight. The Shelby County Medical Services Fund supports medical needs. The F.I.S.H Fund provides grants to assist needy residents of Shelby County in the following categories: food, clothing, housing, utilities and life-sustaining medications.
- Serves a large number of Shelby County residents
- If ongoing, the project can be sustained after the grant is exhausted
- An unduplicated program/project
- Diversity in those who are served
- Prevention of illnesses or societal problems
- General operating expenses of existing organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes (programs open to non-members may be considered)
- Political organizations or political action committees for political purposes
- Specific scientific, medical or academic research
- Annual fund raising campaigns from existing organizations
For more information, visit https://commfoun.com/grants-scholarships/grants/apply-for-a-grant/