The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is accepting applications for its Community Impact Grant to stimulate and help launch new programs and projects; help focus, enhance and/or expand an organization’s existing programs and services; or as an investment in a large capital project which is a critical enhancement to the mission of the nonprofit organization.
There will be a preference for projects or programs that support marginalized members of the communities they serve.
These grants focus on community impact. Their grants committee considers how the needle is moving in the organization’s impact area.
These grants are restricted to organizations that serve people who live and/or work in the Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island or greater Bluffton area.
- Competitive grant terms are typically 12 months and have a request budget greater than $10,000.
To be eligible for funding an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code, and are not classified as a private foundation;
- Serve the people who live and/or work in the Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island or greater Bluffton area;
- Attend an Impact Information Session at the Community Foundation (within 12 months of the application due date);
- Complete and submit a profile on The Giving Marketplace;
- NEW: Have a social justice statement in place;
- Be invited to submit an application.
For more information, visit https://cf-lowcountry.org/nonprofits-and-grantees/about-our-grants/grant-application-guidelines