Greater Shepparton City Council is pleased to offer funding for projects and events which will assist in promoting sustainability within the community.
The Sustainability Grants will support the development and implementation of sustainable projects and events, which will go to achieving sustainability related actions within the Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
The intention of the funding is to facilitate projects which achieve some or all of the following objectives:
- Encourage and support the community to address the climate emergency by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and working towards a zero emissions future.
- Raise community awareness of the relevance of climate change, the impacts it will have on our environment and way of life, and the opportunities it will present.
- Increase the energy efficiency of new and existing community buildings across the municipality.
- Encourage participation in sustainability activities and events.
- Enable community members to acquire or develop new skills in relation to Sustainability.
Funding will be available for a range of projects including:
- Educational Field days, workshops and volunteer training
- Provision of essential equipment
- Sustainable gardening/community garden project
- Energy Efficiency programs
- Alternative energy
- Water efficiency programs
- Sustainable Building Design
- Developing education programs and material including brochures, booklets and resources
Grants are available up to $3,000 per project.
- Applications can be made by not-for-profit community, arts, cultural or sporting groups which already exist and whose principal activities are conducted within the Greater Shepparton area.
- Where an application is made by a group that is not an Incorporated Association; the applicants will need to nominate another incorporated not-for-profit Community Group, Organisation or Club which is willing to manage the grant funds (“auspice the grant”) on their behalf. A letter will be required from your auspice organisation confirming their willingness to accept the auspice role.
For more information, visit https://greatershepparton.com.au/community/grants-and-funding/sustainability-grants