The Government of Sweden and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) have announced a competition for partner socio-economic projects to combat and reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine.
The competition is part of a joint project of the Government of Sweden and UNDP in Ukraine “Enhanced Partnership for Sustainable Development”. Funding under the grant competition will be provided with the support of the Government of Sweden (SIDA). Also, the financial administration of the grant competition is entrusted to UNDP.
- This announcement is intended to support a call for challenge-oriented partnership projects to counter and reduce the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Non-governmental organizations that have united in partnership with business and/or the authorities to implement economic and social projects to counter and mitigate the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic in Ukraine are invited to participate.
- Applicants, on behalf of the formed partnership, must confirm co-financing in the amount of 50% of the total project budget.
- The amount of the awarded grant will vary from UAH 600,000.00 to UAH 800,000.00.
- It is expected that the duration of the proposed projects should not exceed six months.
- Non-governmental and charitable organizations in partnership with business and / or government are encouraged to participate in the competition. Their applications are aimed at reviving and intensifying economic initiatives that will help counteract and alleviate the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic and the territory of Ukraine.
- Priority will be given to initiatives aimed at empowering women and meeting the needs of the most vulnerable and affected people with disabilities, the elderly, and the rural population.
- Activities proposed for implementation, as part of project proposals, may include but are not limited to identifying the socio-economic needs of the region, innovative solutions in the areas of socio-economic development, education, employment, health, urban design, and community involvement that support. , development, or diversification of entrepreneurial initiatives for the population during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Close cooperation or partnership with social services, medical institutions, business structures proposed within the competition projects will be encouraged. Such projects should not include the cost of purchasing products or medicines, but a certain budget may be set to cover transportation and other logistics costs.
- All project activities must be carried out in strict accordance with the quarantine rules in force at the time of project implementation, recognizing all responsibility for their violation.
- Applications submitted from individuals, commercial organizations, government agencies and organizations, local governments, trade unions, political parties, religious organizations will not be considered.
- The territory of the competition is 22 regions of Ukraine: Vinnytsia, Volyn, Dnipropetrovsk, Zhytomyr, Zakarpattia, Zaporizhia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kirovohrad, Kyiv, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Odesa, Poltava, Rivne, Sumy, Ternopil, Cherkasy, Chernivtsi, Chernihiv Kherson, Khmelnytsky.
Projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Provide measures in response to the COVID-19 crisis and promote the socio-economic recovery of local communities;
- Be one of the priority areas: health, education, support for small and medium enterprises, employment, urban design based on age and gender, community involvement (focusing on vulnerable populations) in responding to the crisis and recovery ;
- Contain innovative solutions suitable for repetition and reproduction, the purpose of which is to improve the socio-economic situation at the local level;
- Have a clearly defined target audience to which project activities will be directed;
- Have clear goals that can be achieved with the resources provided and in a timely manner;
- Have clear and measurable results related to mitigating the socio-economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
List of documents that the application package should contain:
- Online form-summary of the project, located at the link above, which contains basic information about the organization and the project proposal, with the ability to download the following necessary files: application form, financial proposal, declaration of partnership;
- Application form (Form C-3, completed in MS Word format, which describes the organizational plan and project implementation plan (in.docx /. Doc format);
- Financial proposal (Form C-3, proposed budget in MS Excel format);
- Declaration of a partnership (Form C-2, scanned in.PDF, or.JPG format;
- Letter of application, signed by an authorized representative (Form C-1, format.PDF);
- Letter of guarantee on co-financing of the project.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3gKhXyS