Deadline: 1 November 2016
The Conservation Alliance is currently inviting applications for its Grants program with an aim to protect threatened wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational values.
As a group of outdoor industry companies, the Alliance recognizes their responsibility to help protect the wild lands and waterways on which their customers recreate and wildlife thrives. To achieve that goal, the Alliance makes grants to nonprofit organizations working to protect the special wild lands and waters in their backyards.
Grant requests can be made up to $50,000.
Grants to registered 501(c)(3) organizations whose work meets the following criteria:
- The project should seek to secure permanent and quantifiable protection of a specific wild land or waterway. The Alliance prioritizes landscape-scale projects that have a clear benefit for habitat.
- The campaign should engage grassroots citizen action in support of the conservation effort. The Alliance does not fund general education, stewardship, or scientific research projects.
- All projects must have a clear recreational benefit.
- The project should have a good chance of final success within four years.
How to Apply
- Before applying for funding, an organization must first be nominated by one of their member companies. List of members are given on the website.
- Members nominate organizations by completing a submitting a nomination form.
- The Alliance will then send each nominated organization a request for proposal (RFP) instructing them how to submit a full request.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Conservation Alliance Grants.