Deadline: 1 January 2017
The Conservation, Food and Health (CFH) Foundation is seeking concept applications from organisations to promote the conservation of natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and improve health in the developing world. The foundation helps build capacity within developing countries in its three areas of interest with grants that support research or projects that solve specific problems.
The foundation supports projects that demonstrate strong local leadership, promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations and address a particular problem in the field.
Area of Interest
- Conservation: Conservation grants help improve ecological and environmental conditions in the developing world. The foundation supports field research and related research activities, training, and technical assistance efforts that:
- help conserve viable ecosystems and protect biological diversity in developing countries
- train local leaders in conservation and protection of resources, with an emphasis on technical and scientific training
- Food: Food grants support focused efforts to improve access to food for consumption in developing countries. Areas of interest include projects that:
- promote or develop specific sustainable agriculture practices with potential to advance science and practice in other countries
- explore and refine innovative education and training interventions for small scale food producers and farmers
- advance new approaches to control pests and diseases affecting important food crops of developing countries
- Health: The foundation supports public health programs that are preventive rather than curative in nature. It supports research, technical assistance, and training projects that:
- improve public health through community-based efforts that address health promotion, disease prevention, family planning, and reproductive health
- increase the understanding and treatment of tropical diseases
- The foundation supports most types of non-governmental organizations that can provide evidence of their nongovernmental status or charitable purpose.
- The foundation will support:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Nonprofit organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Colleges, universities and academic institutions
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit http://cfhfoundation.grantsmanagement08.com/