The Government of Western Australia is inviting eligible applicants for its COVID-19 Youth Recovery Grants program that aims to support community initiatives that assist young people during the recovery phase of this pandemic.
The Program provides grants for local governments and community service organisations to implement projects that engage young people (aged 10-25 years) in creative ways and help to achieve positive outcomes for young people in the community.
Projects should address one or more of the following program objectives:
- Develop the knowledge, confidence and skills young people need to be actively involved in community life and to respond to issues impacting on their lives.
- Provide opportunities for young people to learn and develop life skills to help them to achieve their goals.
- Promote and/or create environments and accessible services and programs to keep young people well and promote lifelong healthy lifestyles.
- Funding of up to $5,000 is available for one-off activities or initiatives with duration of up to six months involving one or more partners and that contribute to the achievement of program objectives.
- Funding of up to $10,000 is available for longer term (over six months), community-wide strategic initiatives involving a wide range of partners and that contribute to the achievement of the program objectives.
- Eligible organisations must be:
- An incorporated, not-for-profit, community sector organisation;
- A Western Australian local government authority;
- An unincorporated organisation or community group, applying through the auspice of an incorporated body or a local government authority;
- A group or organisation is not-for-profit if its governing documents prohibit distribution of profits to individual members while the organisation is operating and upon its wind-up.
- Not eligible to apply:
- Commonwealth or State Government agencies;
- Commercial, for-profit organisations;
- Unincorporated, community sector organisations (unless applying through an incorporated body or a local government authority);
- Organisations located in the Indian Ocean Territories.
- Organisations that have outstanding acquittal or evaluation requirements from previous Communities’ grant or program funding are ineligible to apply until the required documentation has been submitted.
For more information, visit https://dlgc.communities.wa.gov.au/GrantsFunding/Pages/COVID-19-Youth-Recovery-Grants-Program.aspx