The Swarovski Foundation has launched an open call for the Creatives for Our Future, a global mentorship and grant program designed with advisor the United Nations Office for Partnerships to identify and accelerate the next generation of creative leaders in sustainability.
The program is open to all creatives worldwide aged 21 to 30 at the time of application from across disciplines including fashion, design, art, architecture and engineering.
- Creatives for Our Future extends the Swarovski Foundation’s mission to advance creative talent and support education and advocacy collaborations that address social and environmental issues.
- They aim to empower the next generation of creative talent to unlock innovative new approaches to the global sustainability challenges and drive progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Creative expression is a vehicle for evolution – not only for concepts and products, but also for changes in thinking and behavior.
- Creatives for Our Future harnesses the unique critical thinking and problem-solving abilities of young creatives in this pivotal era.
- Successful applicants will receive financial support (20,000 euros) paired with an education program in collaboration with top international institutions, tailored one-on-one mentorship and industry networking opportunities with guidance from the Swarovski Foundation.
- Successful applicants should be working on a project or product that uses the creative process to accelerate awareness, technology or solutions for sustainable development.
- Throughout the program, cohort members are required to complete their projects outlined in their applications and drive progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals set out by the United Nations.
- At the end of the program, cohort members will have the opportunity to present their accomplishments in an online graduation ceremony with their peers around World Innovation and Creativity Day.
- The six successful applicants will be required to attend a series of events in New York in September 2023.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21 – 30 at the time of application and before the deadline for applications. The Program is open to residents of all countries.
- However, due to requirement of the applicants to travel to the United States as part of the programme, applicants must abide to United States entry requirements including but not limited to visa entry and full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Applicant exemptions are employees of the Swarovski Foundation, any of its subsidiaries, agents or any other business involved with the administration of this Program, or members of the households of such employees.
- Applicants must be resident in the country from which they submit their entry. Applicants must have a bank account in their name to receive the grant of 20,000 Euro or equivalent currency mutually agreed between the grant recipient and the Swarovski Foundation.
For more information, visit Swarovski Foundation.