The Douglas County Community Foundation (DCCF) is seeking applications for its Community Grants Program to improve the lives of Douglas County, Kansas residents.
The Foundation supports a wide variety of activities in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Youth
- Community Development
- Human Services
- Grants generally range from $1,000 to $10,000.
Favored activities are those that:
- Provide a substantial benefit
- Produce meaningful, measurable results
- Include a plan to measure results
- Build self-sufficiency and help attract additional funds and resources for the participants or organization
- Assist with or promote collaboration among nonprofits to minimize duplication
Limitations on Grantmaking
Generally, grants are not awarded for:
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships, or advertising
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment fund
- Event sponsorships
- Fundraising events
- Religious purposes
- Lobbying or political activities prohibited by the IRS
- Debt retirement
- Proposal must come from a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, tribal entity or local government.
- Proposal must be for work that primarily benefits residents of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Organization must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
For more information, visit https://www.dccfoundation.org/dccf-community-grants.cfm