The Denver Foundation is seeking applications for its Black Resilience in Colorado (BRIC) program to support nonprofit organizations that are led by and serve Black communities. Grants and resources for capacity building will help these organizations withstand current crises and build long-term sustainability.
The Black Resilience in Colorado (BRIC) directs resources to address systemic racism and its impact on Black communities across the seven-county Metro Denver region.
Uses of Funds
- Allowable use of funds:
- Costs associated with sustaining operations, retaining employees, rent etc. New and emergency needs, particularly for service offerings outside normal operations to respond to social distancing, isolation and quarantine.
- BRIC does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Building endowments or reserve funds
- Membership campaigns
- Special events or sponsorships
- Grants to individuals
- Grants for re-granting purposes
- Multi-year funding requests
- Conferences, symposia, and related travel
- Grants for medical, scientific, or academic research
- Grants that further political doctrine or religious activities
- Grants to parochial or religious schools
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a viable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or have a fiscal sponsor.
- Be Black-led and Black-serving. The Denver Foundation defines “Black” as encompassing people of African and Afro-Caribbean descent, including African immigrants and refugees.
- Serve the seven-county Metro Denver area.
- Fit one or more of the identified priorities identified by the community-led advisory committee.
- Emerging Community Issues/Needs
- Health – racial trauma, infant/mother mortality, under insured, un-insured, Medicaid eligible, COVID-related loss of benefits
- Housing – renters, involuntary displacement, people experiencing homelessness, access to housing for low-income people
- Job retention/Job transition – training, re-training, access to living wage jobs
- Racial Justice – community organizing, advocacy, law and policy reform
- Youth – youth organizing, youth-led programs, culturally responsive programs
For more information, visit https://denverfoundation.org/blackresilience/