Deadline: 7 June 2016
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is seeking applications to enhance and update training and resources to better help victims of cyberviolence, specifically as it relates to engaging in judicial education.
This program furthers the Department’s mission by providing resources supporting effective intervention to address violence, victimization, and victims’ rights, specifically for victims of cyberviolence.
- Conduct an assessment of currently available training and technical assistance for judicial personnel;
- Host a forum of victims and survivors to ascertain impacts of cyberviolence and service needs;
- Host two to three forums with judges and court personnel to establish training needs;
- Develop training and technical assistance including dissemination plans;
- Develop a curriculum to be published by the grantee;
- Deliver training
Funding Information: OVC anticipates that it will make one award of up to $1.5 million for a period of 3 years.
- Eligible applicants are limited to non-governmental, nonprofit (including tribal nonprofit) professional and membership organizations with close working relationships with judicial personnel and the capacity to conduct a national-scope initiative.
- It includes both national and regional organizations.
- OVC welcomes applications that involve two or more entities that will carry out the funded Federal award activities; however, one eligible entity must be the applicant and the other(s) must be proposed as subrecipient(s).
- The applicant must be the entity with primary responsibility for administering the funding and managing the entire program.
- Only one application per lead applicant will be considered; however, a subrecipient may be part of multiple proposals.
- OVC may elect to make awards for applications submitted under this solicitation in future fiscal years, dependent on, among other considerations, the merit of the applications and on the availability of appropriations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please download this PDF.