Deadline: 27 June 2016
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), an agency of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications to support national capacity building center that can expand and enhance the capacity of domestic violence and dating violence service programs, state domestic violence coalitions, community-based programs, Tribes and Tribal programs and Demonstration Projects under the Specialized Services to Abused Parents and Their Children (SSAPC) Grant Program, to offer domestic violence informed, culturally relevant, trauma-informed, and developmentally and age appropriate programming relevant to the unique needs of children, youth, and abused parents impacted by domestic violence.
Funding Information: The estimated total program funding is $500,000.
- Gather existing resources, including promising practices, guidelines, material, information on evidence-informed, trauma-informed, and culturally relevant programming to support children, youth, and teens impacted by domestic violence including resources for abused parents;
- Create new technical assistance resources that promote protective factors and resilience when working with children, youth, and teens impacted by domestic violence which includes fostering stronger relationships with their non-abusive parents or caregivers;
- Provide training and technical assistance to the domestic violence field that improves consistent implementation of evidence-informed, trauma-informed, and culturally relevant programming;
- Sustain and continue to develop content for an online resource center specifically promoting work for children, youth, and abused parents impacted by domestic violence within the following areas: an interventions database, culturally relevant interventions/programming, staff capacity building, and parent support/engagement strategies.
- Expand partnerships between domestic violence programs and child welfare, home visitation, early childhood, and head start programs.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit this link.