The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) announces a Request for Statements of Interest (RSOI) from organizations interested in submitting Statements of Interest (SOI) for programs that promote representative governance based on democratic principles, respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms including religious freedom, and peaceful coexistence.
It will also provide for the protection of and advocacy for the rights of youth, women, and religious and ethnic minorities, and others in vulnerable circumstances, as well as mitigate the impact of conflict on Iraqi communities.
- Award Ceiling: $3,000,000
- Award Floor: $750,000.
- The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL) welcomes Statements of Interest (SOIs) in response to DRL Requests for Statements of Interest (RSOIs) from:
- U.S.-based and foreign-based non-profit organizations/non-government organizations (NGOs);
- Public international organizations;
- Private, public, or state institutions of higher education; and
- For-profit organizations or businesses.
Eligible SOI Applications
- Technically eligible SOIs are those that:
- Arrive electronically via SAMS Domestic or Grants.gov by the designated due date and time noted in the RSOI. If reasonable accommodations are granted for persons with disabilities or for security reasons, SOIs must still be received by DRL by the designated due date and time noted in the RSOI;
- Are in English and all costs are in U.S. Dollars. If an original document within the application is in another language, an English translation must be provided. For any documents provided in both English and a foreign language, the English language version is the controlling version. (Please note: the Department of State, as indicated in 2 CFR 200.111, requires that English is the official language of all award documents);
- Heed all instructions and specific guidelines contained in the RSOI and PSI, including length and completeness of applications; and
- Do not violate any of the guidelines stated in the RSOI and the PSI.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all of the documents submitted in the SOI application are complete, accurate, and current. DRL strongly encourages all applicants, especially foreign or first-time applicants, to submit the SOI before the designated due date to ensure that the SOI has been received and is complete.
For more information, visit FY22.