Deadline: 30 June 2016
Eastern Partnership (EaP) Connect is seeking proposals for its internationally renowned Enlighten Your Research (EYR) program to encourage collaboration between researchers using specialised IT and network services.
[email protected] is organised within EaPConnect in collaboration with a number of National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) in Europe. It targets at identifying research projects that could significantly benefit from enhanced or even global network connectivity.
[email protected] aims to foster international collaboration with the objective to accelerate the research and discovery process.
- The [email protected] program awards selected projects with expert engineering support, consultation, and collaboration to guide and enhance researchers’ workflows.
- The first round consists of researchers submitting proposals describing their work and what bottlenecks or problems they have within their research workflow.Then, the organizing NRENs select a shortlist of proposals to go through to the second round.
- The consultation round consists of a consultation team from the organizing NRENs discussing the technical, organizational and financial feasibility of the proposal with qualified teams from the first round. The outcome of this discussion should be incorporated into the final proposal.
- The final proposal consists of an elaboration of the proposal resulting in a final proposal which is reviewed by engineers for technical feasibility.
- Project approval: A selection of final proposals is accepted into the [email protected] program
- The [email protected] partners provide and develop high-quality network services for all higher education and research institutions in their respective countries.
- If the final proposal is selected for the [email protected] program, the main applicant will get to go to the EaPConnect Annual Conference in Tbilisi, Georgia, October 6-7, 2016, for free. The applicant will be able to present their research project at this Conference and will be able to go to another conference of their choice organized in Europe.
- Apart from the above, the selected final projects can also gain access to:
- Support and advice on end-to-end network connectivity and use of services.
- Commitment to an agreed level of (network) resource provisioning and support for 1 year.
Researchers from EU and partner countries are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The application process consists of two rounds:
- The first round consists of everyone who has submitted a draft proposal using the template on the website. The awarded proposals go through to the second round.
- The second round consists of an elaboration of the proposal resulting in a final proposal.
Applications must be submitted via email.
EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
For more information, please visit EaP-EYR 2016.