The East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting proposals for 2020-21 Community Grants Program to support local community based groups, organisations and in some categories, individuals.
The aim of the Community grants program is to assist in creating an inclusive, healthy, safe and resilient East Gippsland community. The program is underpinned by community strengthening principles. These principles include but are not limited to:
- Valuing collaborations and partnerships
- Providing access and equity to ensure a socially inclusive community
- Asset based – building on strengths that exist within the community
- Valuing the environmental sustainability of East Gippsland
The maximum amount available to apply for is $5,000.
To be eligible for funding, your organisation must be able to demonstrate:
- That the project primarily benefits residents and/or service organisations/groups within the East Gippsland Shire.
- Incorporation, or have a letter of support from an incorporated organisation willing to support the project under an auspice agreement.
- Evidence of financial viability and sound management of the project.
- That the project is well planned and achievable within the proposed timeframe.
- That the grant proposal is for a specific project/event that does not require recurrent or ongoing funding.
- That the project organiser will obtain all written approvals, consent and permits from the relevant authorities and/or stakeholders prior to commencing. Failure to do so will result in the removal of funding support.
For more information, visit https://www.eastgippsland.vic.gov.au/community/grants