The EDF ER Blyth Offshore Demonstrator Wind Farm is now accepting applications for its Community Benefit Fund which focus on initiatives that ease disadvantage and make the area a better place to live, including support for groups, young people, sports activities, art activities and capital items.
- The Fund will consider applications between £500 and £10,000, in exceptional circumstances application will be considered for up to £20,000.
What can be funded?
- capital expenditure: equipment, refurbishment of community spaces, play equipment
- core costs to help your organisation do what it does
- activity/ project costs
- development activities
- access to training/ educational activities post 16, (extra-curricular activities can be considered for schools)
- access to amateur sport or the arts
- Sustainable development by the promotion of sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration, which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability for future generations to meet their own needs
What will not be funded?
- The Fund will not support applications for projects that do not meet the Community Foundation’s eligibility criteria. or, are for the following:
- the advancement of religion or party politics
- activities that are the statutory responsibility of statutory authorities
- activities contrary to the interests of EDF or its subsidiaries
- activities likely to bring the Community Foundation, EDF or its subsidiaries into disrepute
- anti-renewable energy/windfarm activities
- activities contrary to coal powered energy, gas powered energy, renewable energy, nuclear energy, battery storage, solar powered energy, energy trading, consumer and business provision of electricity or similar activities
- retrospective funding (i.e. paying for costs incurred before a decision on an application to the Fund for support can be made)
- Priority will be given to applications originating from within Blyth, Cambois, East Bedlington and Seaton Valley.
For more information, visit https://www.communityfoundation.org.uk/grants/funding-for-charities-and-community-groups-in-blyth-east-bedlington-cambois-and-seaton-valley/