The Elma Area Community Foundation has announced its grants program to improve life in Elma, Iowa. The Foundation wants to help develop a community where people want to live, work, play and stay. Areas of EACF giving are: Art and Culture, Community Betterment, Education, Environment, Health, Historic Preservation, and Human Service.
The Elma Area Community Foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Address vital services/needs within the community of Elma.
- Encourage additional funding through matching income from other grants, private donors, and in-kind donations.
- Provide detailed budget specific to project and include quotes/bids for expenses.
- Show sustainability of the proposed project after grant period.
- Traditionally, the EACF awards grants between $500 -$1,500. The annual amount available to award for grants is $6,000-$8,000.
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of the Elma Area and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable; please contact their office to discuss the project’s eligibility prior to submitting a proposal.
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any past due grant reports for previous Elma Area Community Foundation grants.
For more information, visit https://www.cfneia.org/affiliates/elma-area