Deadline: 12 June 2016
The Embassy of Canada to Argentina and Paraguay is seeking proposals for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) program 2016-2017. The main objective of this program is to contribute to development through the founding of initiatives at a small scale and at a short term which are in charge of NGOs.
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives focuses on the following themes:
- Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, and human rights;
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability; and
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth.
In addition, the following priority will also be considered for Paraguay:
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls.
Funding Information: Project funding amount lies between CAD 15,000 and 30,000.
- Non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations;
- Academic institutions and think-tanks;
- International, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities;
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies working on local projects; and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on development activities in cooperation with local partners.
How to Apply
The eligible organisations must submit all application documents via email.
Eligible Countries: Canada, Argentina and Paraguay.
For more information, please visit http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/argentina-argentine/development-developpement/CFLI-FCIL.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=345.