Deadline: 5 June 2016
The Embassy of Canada in Chile has launched its 2016-2017 call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives which is an important component of Canada’s international development assistance agenda. It was created by the Canadian government to support the implementation of projects designed by local civil society organisations.
- Supporting indigenous communities’ participation towards inclusive governance, enhancing their capacity to actively participate in consultation processes regarding projects in their region and their democratic participation in the country.
- Championing peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, in particular the promotion of the rights of lgbts, immigrants and refugees.
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth with initiatives targeting vulnerable
Eligible applicants are:
- Chilean non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations;
- Chilean academic institutions working on projects in chile;
- International, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on development activities in chile;
- Chilean municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies working on local projects, and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on development activities in chile in cooperation with local partners.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by filling up the application form via given website and submitting it at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/chile-chili/bilateral_relations_bilaterales/cfli-fcil.aspx?lang=eng.