The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Guatemala of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program (or programs) to provide English language courses that form a part of their larger English language program strategy in Guatemala.
- The Public Affairs Section seeks to fund proposals for English language programs that form part of their larger English language program strategy in Guatemala. The program (or programs) under this funding opportunity:English Acquisition for Guatemalan Leaders and Entrepreneurial Skills – Year 2 (EAGLES II).
- A proposal should include at least one of the named locations, but applicants may choose to apply for more than one location within a single proposal. A proposal must include the EAGLES II program in the identified location(s).
- Students will acquire a minimum of B1+ English level in the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR).
- Students will be able to write five-paragraph essay texts in English, applying the appropriate vocabulary, spelling, and grammar to convey intended meaning, according to the type of writing and type of audience.
- Students will be able to develop reading comprehension skills, such as skimming and scanning, through simple stories related to their daily lives and experiences.
- Students will actively participate in at least seven (7) enhancement activities that provide them with opportunities to learn about United States history, culture, and/or values.
- Students will strengthen their personal and professional goals by participating in a minimum two (2) personal development activities.
- Students will develop their leadership skills encompassing interpersonal communication skills, teamwork, individual accountability, and other social skills needed to succeed in any community environment.
- Students will select and analyze a local entrepreneurial venture and develop a project plan proposal for its improvement and develop their own venture plan.
- Students will develop a sense of responsibility and awareness of the importance of caring for the environment, so that the students can implement and/or improve ecological practices at home and in their communities.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $175,000
- Award Ceiling: $25,000
- Award Floor: $10,000
- Guatemala City, Esquipulas, Cobán, Quetzaltenango, Sololá, Chichicastenango, Huehuetenango
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Local not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Local public and private educational institutions
For-profit or commercial entities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Cost Sharing or Matching
- Cost sharing, whether in-kind or direct program support, is encouraged and will be viewed favorably during the grant review process.
- Required class size for EAGLES is 12 students, but applicants are encouraged to include up to four more students (for a total of 16 students) as a form of cost share.
- Grantee organizations are encouraged to cover the costs of opening and closing ceremonies as a form of costshare.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=343031