The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia is seeking applications for its Environment Fund Program to Protect Northern Virginia’s Natural Environment.
The mission of the Environment Fund is to protect, restore and improve the natural environment of Northern Virginia, thereby enhancing the health and quality of life of its citizens and the economy of the region.
They will accept requests from nonprofit organizations that are collaborating/will be collaborating with a government entity (local, city, county or regional, within Northern Virginia) to offer an education program in the area(s) of:
- Energy Efficiency
- Support and encourage collaboration among nonprofits, businesses, governments, educational institutions, and private philanthropic donors to promote actions that will have a beneficial effect on the health of the natural environment and local economy.
- Support public awareness and public education about protecting the natural environment and the impact of public and private actions on the natural environment.
- Support the efforts of citizen engagement that helps improve and protect the natural environment.
The Community Foundation intends to make one grant of $26,000.
- Organizations providing services in Northern Virginia (defined as the areas within Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William Counties and the Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park) can apply for funding.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations providing charitable or educational services. Local, state and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- The Community Foundation intends to make one grant of $26,000.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Organizations are limited to one application per grant cycle. Multiple applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.cfnova.org/grants-and-scholarships/grants/environment-fund