The Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust has launched the applications for Medium Grant.
- Support beneficiaries located in Sussex, within one of EKCT’s focus areas as follows:
- Deliver international or UK based wildlife & environmental conservation projects.
- Deliver international reproductive health family planning projects which have a clear and intended impact on the environment and are delivered in Africa or Asia.
- Grants between £3,001-£10,000.
What type of work do they support?
- Funding will be considered for:
- Start-up costs
- Core costs
- A specific project (capital expenditure or assistance with running costs).
- Applicants must be organisations registered with the Charity Commission in England & Wales or Office of the Scottish Charity Register in Scotland.
- Is your charity registered in the UK?
- Has your charity been registered with the Charity Commission for more than 12 months, with one full year’s (audited) accounts available?
- Have you applied within the last 12 months?
- The following are unlikely to be considered for funding:
- Individuals or charities applying on behalf of individuals.
- Large national charities having substantial fund-raising potential, income from legacies and or endowment income.
- Organisations which have been registered with the Charity Commission or Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator for less than a year.
- Pre-school groups.
- Out of school play schemes including pre-school and holiday schemes.
- Charities not funded by any other charity.
- Local authorities. ‘Campaigning’ organisations.
- Charities whose main aim is to raise funds for other charities with substantial cash reserves.
- Animal rescue or animal welfare organisations.
- International food security projects.
- Given the Trust’s strong links with the county of Sussex, Trustees do not usually support proposals received from other regional ‘Wildlife Trusts’.
- Churches and places of worship outside of Cuckfield and Haywards Heath – please note; even within Cuckfield and Haywards Heath, grant opportunities for these purposes are extremely limited.
- Charities with multiple branch offices in Sussex are requested to telephone or email for advice before making an application.
For more information, visit https://ekct.org.uk/apply/