Deadline: 26 July 2016
The Department for International Development (DFID) and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in UK are currently accepting applications from researchers based in developing countries for its “Raising Learning Outcomes in Education Systems Research Programme 2016.”
ESRC-DFID Raising Learning Outcomes in Education Systems Research Programme aims to enable more effective policies and interventions by providing policymakers and practitioners with concrete ideas on how to improve learning for all, and an understanding of how these ideas will translate to their specific contexts and institutions.
The ESRC-DFID Raising Learning Outcomes in Education Systems Research Programme is focused on the theme of ‘Accountability’ and the core question – how do accountability relationships and processes within developing country education systems enable or inhibit the raising of learning outcomes?
- Proposals are invited for projects with a full economic cost (fEC) value of between £200,000 and £700,000.
- The duration of grants should range from a minimum of one year up to a maximum of four years.
- Applicants that are not based in a higher education institute (for example work for an NGO or other third sector organization) should consider whether their organization is best placed to host a grant and can meet the stringent expectations of RCUK eligibility.
- Institutions with minimal research capacity collaborate with a credible research organization who would host the project.
- Eligibility checks will be applied to all proposals on receipt at ESRC.
- Peer reviewers will also be asked to comment on the credibility of the host institution.
- If applicants are unsure about their organization’s eligibility, please consult the programme secretariat.
- Proposals which are not from a credible research organization will be rejected by the ESRC office.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted in English, costed in pounds sterling using the Research Councils Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system.
- Applications can only be accepted by electronic submission via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit ESRC Education Funds.