The European Union Confidence Building Measures Program (EU-CBM V), funded by the European Union and implemented by UNDP Moldova, announces the launch of a new grant competition for innovative initiatives aimed at creating a more crisis resilient business environment in both banks x Dniester.
This contest is open to project ideas that will have a significant impact on various sectors of the two banks of the economy, in order to solve major business problems in their respective areas, which will have a positive impact on a substantial number of potential beneficiaries, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises, put on digitalization of processes and interactions with local public authorities, government agencies, suppliers, etc.
The activities included in the project proposal will allow entrepreneurs from both banks to cooperate and benefit from economic relationships in the new working conditions resulting from the crisis caused by COVID-19, with support of participants of business sites in areas of mutual interest.
- Applicants can count on grant support up to 40’000 Euro.
- Cross-river partnerships consisting of at least one NGO and a private entity from both banks will be eligible to apply. The lead partner can be only the non-governmental or not-for-profit organization that will develop the business solution with the private company and implement it with the involvement of other stakeholders (i.e. local professional schools, the LPAs, network of youth centers, other business associations and NGOs, producer unions, employers’ associations, chambers of commerce, non-commercial partnerships, etc.).
- Organizations directly involved in carrying out activities related to the areas stipulated in the project proposal, these being responsible for project management, avoiding intermediaries for their implementation. At least one of the partners will have sufficient experience in carrying out similar activities in the Transnistrian region, in accordance with the objectives set out in the project proposal.
- Legal entities, which at the time of submission of the project proposal do not have debts or arrears in the payment of taxes, fees and fines.
- Organizations not having benefited from EU-CBM V Programme support will be encouraged to apply.
- Organizations responsible for serious management errors, including financial ones, in projects previously implemented for the benefit of UNDP Moldova.
- In the past, they have not fulfilled their contractual obligations according to the arrangements established with the donor organizations.
- The lead partner cannot represent an entity owned by the State and / or a commercial one.
For more information, visit https://sc.undp.md/tnddetails2_1/2118/