Deadline: 16 August 2019
The European Union (EU) is currently seeking proposals for its grant program entitled “Support for Deinstitutionalization Process in Social Sector.”
This programme aims to assist in the transformation of residential institutions, the resettlement of residents into the community, the development of community based services and the prevention of institutionalisation and re-institutionalisation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To resettle persons with disabilities living in residential institutions into community based supported living settings.
- To develop new community based social services, and to expand and improve already existing local social services such as: community based living, group homes, day-care, coordinated care and support services, home-care and support, personal assistance, rehabilitation and outreach social support services.
- To develop and implement new ways of social services delivery based on users’ rights, person-centred approach, user involvement and empowerment, and collaborative, participative and proactive approaches.
- Provision of community-based supported living services to persons with disabilities who are in need of supported living arrangements (such as community based small group homes or foster families)
- Provision of innovative community-based services, including social services and independent living support services
Size of Grants
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 300,000.00
- maximum amount: EUR 600,000.00
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal entity, and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation and
- be established at least 2 years before the call is launched in the Republic of North Macedonia or in a Member State of the European Union or country covered by Article 10 of the Regulation 236/2014 laying
- down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action .
- For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. Unless sector-specific eligibility rules provide otherwise , if the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible to participate) or will be required to leave the project on the basis of Article 12.2 (e) of the grant agreement’.
- This obligation does not apply to international organisation, and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant himself.
- In addition to the categories referred to in Section 2.1.1, the following are however also eligible:
- public institutions for social protection as defined by the Law on Social Protection in the Republic of North Macedonia, and
- local authority, including city and town municipalities.
- Affiliated Entities
- The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies).
- Only the following entities may be considered as affiliated entities to the lead applicant and/or to co-applicant(s):
- Only entities having a structural link with the applicants (i.e. the lead applicant or a co-applicant), in particular a legal or capital link.
- This structural link encompasses mainly two notions:
- Control, as defined in Directive 2013/34/EU on the annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain types of undertakings:
- Entities affiliated to an applicant may hence be:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
- Membership, i.e. the applicant is legally defined as a e.g. network, federation, association in which the proposed affiliated entities also participate or the applicant participates in the same entity (e.g. network, federation, association) as the proposed affiliated entities.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- The concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2LyhdA8 and download the guidelines.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.