- The objective of the call under the present Pilot Project is to boost and increase the visibility of the activities of media self-regulation bodies.
- In order to protect media freedom and pluralism and to promote professionalism in journalistic content, the action will seek to support the transition of media self-regulatory bodies to the online world. It will also help them engage in discussions with internet intermediaries and other internet media stakeholders.
- Through exchanges of best practices, the project will help bringing clarity on how to achieve, in a converged media environment, the goals of media self-regulation.
Activities to be covered by the Project:
- Maintenance and development of the database
- Exchange of best practices
- Strengthening of the pan-EU Working Group
- Support to new media councils
- Global dialogue
The proposed maximum duration of the project is 12 months.
The call is open to:
- A grouping of entities (consortia)
- with the entities forming this consortia having or not entities affiliated to them. Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- international organisations;
- educational institutions;
- research centres;
- natural persons: natural persons are eligible as part of a consortium but the project cannot be coordinated by a natural person
Legal entities having a legal or capital link with applicants, which is neither limited to the action nor established for the sole purpose of its implementation, may take part in the action as affiliated entities, and may declare eligible costs. For that purpose, applicants shall identify such affiliated entities in the application form.
Country of Establishment
Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
- EU Member States;
- Candidate countries.
Proposals from applicants in candidate countries may be selected provided that, on the date of award, agreements have entered into force setting out the arrangements for the participation of those countries in the programme.
For more information, visit https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/call-proposals-pilot-project-media-councils-digital-age