The Farnham Town Council is inviting applications for Community Grants that is based on the principle of promoting the development of partnerships which encourage and enable local community organisations to deliver local projects to the residents of Farnham.
Farnham Town Council is funded only by the local residents of Farnham and therefore has only limited funds available to assist community organisations located and working in Farnham for the benefit of Farnham residents.
- Farnham Town Council’s grants up to a value of £2,000 are available once a year.
- Grants are available to any not-for-profit organisation that wishes to complete a one off project or project that will require funding for up to a maximum or three years where normally a tapering grant contribution will be considered.
- Funding for years 2 and 3 if agreed subsequently will be based on a reducing grant with the aim of the project becoming self financing at year 4.
What can be funded?
The grant will consider applications for:
- youth facilities
- cultural and arts schemes
- heritage projects
- leisure, sport and play facilities
- community buildings
- village halls
- community transport
- projects that support older people and/or people with a disability, and
- sustainable community environmental projects
- Who can apply to the Farnham Town Council Community Grant Scheme?
- Groups who:
- are voluntary or community groups based in Farnham
- have a constitution or set or rules or equivalent
- have a bank or building society account
- have independently approved annual accounts
- directly benefit the well-being of the Farnham people or the environment of Farnham
- Groups who:
- Who cannot apply to the Farnham Town Council community Grant Scheme?
- Organisations involved in party political activities
- Companies who aim to make a profit
- Statutory bodies
- Religious groups
- Bodies to pass on grant funding to others
For more information, visit https://www.farnham.gov.uk/services/grants