The Felix E. Martin Jr. Foundation is seeking applications for the Community Grants Program.
In addition to providing support for programs identified by the Foundation’s Board of Directors and Task Force, the Community Grants program was established to support the many local organizations currently doing important work for the benefit of the residents of Muhlenberg County.
- Grants of any amount will be considered.
- Grant applicants requesting in excess of $20,000 are likely to be considered outside of the Community Grants program and will likely require additional time for review and approval.
Who can apply?
The Felix E. Martin Jr. Foundation welcomes grant applications from nonprofit organizations for the benefit of the residents of Muhlenberg County, Kentucky. Grant proposals should support civic, educational or cultural projects in Muhlenberg County, with preference to those that relate to an aspect of the four key areas of need, Economic Development, Youth Services, Substance Abuse Services, and Health/Human Services.
Applicants must be either:
- A nonprofit, 501(c)(3) public charity in good standing, or a charitable project that is fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) public charity in good standing;
- A church;
- A public school or school district, OR
- A unit of government serving Muhlenberg County, Kentucky.
- Foundation does not support:
- Grants to individuals;
- Grants to faith-based institutions for religious purposes or expansion of church facilities or operations;
- Requests that seek to substitute or supplant funding that is the legitimate responsibility of government;
- Requests from units of government that have their own capacity to raise funds, or requests that are intended to reduce the funding responsibilities of taxing authorities;
- Organizations that discriminate due to race, colour, religion, national origin, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected classification.
How to Apply
- If, after reviewing the guidelines, your organization feels that your project meets the criteria for consideration, please call the Foundation to discuss your project. During the call, a Foundation staff member may direct you to complete a Community Grants application.
- After an application is submitted, you may be asked to provide more detailed information after Foundation staff completes an initial review of the application. This may include providing additional materials, a face-to-face interview or site visit.
For more information, visit https://felixmartinfoundation.org/grants/community-grants-program-0