Deadline: 24 June 2019
The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services is currently seeking applications for Mexico Standard Program to promote partnerships between public agencies and groups interested in protecting, improving, restoring, and managing an appropriate distribution and diversity of wetland ecosystems and other habitats for wetlands-associated migratory birds and other fish and wildlife in North America.
This program’s goal is to promote partnerships between public agencies and groups interested in:
- Protecting, improving, restoring, and managing an appropriate distribution and diversity of wetland ecosystems and other habitats for wetlands-associated migratory birds and other fish and wildlife in North America;
- maintaining and improving the current distributions of wetlands-associated migratory bird populations; and
- maintaining an abundance of waterfowl (ducks, geese, and swans) and other populations of wetlands-associated migratory birds consistent with the objectives of the North American Waterfowl Management Plan, U.S. Shorebird Conservation Plan, Waterbird Conservation Plan for the Americas, Partners in Flight Bird Conservation Plan, and other international obligations contained in the treaties and migratory bird conventions and other agreements with Canada, Mexico, and other countries.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Proposals should demonstrate how the activities of partners involved in a wetlands conservation project will encourage sustainable and effective programs for the long-term conservation of wetlands-associated migratory birds. The Act defines wetlands conservation projects as:
- The acquisition of property containing wetlands ecosystems and associated habitats, including water rights, wherein the acquired land will be administered for its long-term conservation and for the benefit of migratory birds, fish, and other wildlife that depend on it;
- The restoration, management, or enhancement of wetlands ecosystems and associated habitats, wherein theses activities will be conducted on lands and waters that will be administered for their long-term conservation and for the benefit of migratory birds, fish, and other wildlife that depend on them; and
- Only for projects carried out in Mexico, activities that involve technical training, education, sustainable-use studies, or organizational infrastructure-building needed to develop or strengthen wetlands conservation and management capabilities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants can be any of the following:
- Individuals, corporations, societies, associations, cooperatives, ejidos, or any other private entity;
- Civil servant, employee, agent, agency, or branch of the Federal Government, when they have a banking system capable of transferring funds directly to the agency or branch (e.g., trust fund or account, separate from the central government), state, municipality, or political subdivision of a state;
- Universities or other institutions of education; and
- International organizations.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.fws.gov/birds/grants/north-american-wetland-conservation-act/standard-grants/mexico.php
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.