The Foundation Beyond Belief (FBB) has announced the Compassionate Impact Grant Program to end poverty and hunger, promote good health and well-being, and foster employment opportunities and economic growth in ways that exemplify humanist values.
The Compassionate Impact Grant (CIG) program collectively demonstrates humanist generosity and compassion in the nonprofit and philanthropic world by awarding grants to highly qualified and thoroughly vetted organizations that reflect the values of the program’s donors.
The CIG program supports organizations with social initiatives that:
- create access to food and clean water
- tackle disparities in health and well-being
- foster employment opportunities and economic growth
- are innovative
- are evidence-based
- are solving community problems
FBB will give priority consideration to organizations that can establish that their approach:
- Impacts historically marginalized or underserved communities.
- Is organized and led by members of the target community.
This is an open, competitive process and will assess applicants on their ability to provide evidence-driven, innovative solutions that reach underserved communities. The key program requirements are:
- Innovation: Grant will fund organizations that are developing potentially transformative solutions. FBB seeks to support an organization that pursues new ways to solve old problems with solutions that are more efficient, faster, increase cost effectiveness, and lead to better results for the population served and the broader community.
- Evidence-driven: Organizations must utilize evidence to drive the development and implementation of their programs. Organizations are asked to provide a summary of the evidence/best practices or studies that have influenced their program design and articulate their theory of change—explain the process of change with causal links from the issue(s) they are addressing to the long-term goal(s). Organizations are asked to provide evidence of their current impact as well as how this grant will increase that impact.
FBB will disburse the first disbursement of the grant in the amount of $25,000 USD to one organization with the goal of increasing that organization’s ability to fulfil its mission.
- All applicants must be nonprofit organizations with current 501(c)3 status with the United States Internal Revenue Service or equivalent in another country. If registered in a country that is not the US, the applicant organization must provide proof of registration. Applicant organizations may have a 501(c)(3) organization serving as a fiscal sponsor. In this case, the applicant organization must submit additional materials related to that sponsorship. Total organizational expense budget must not exceed $2 Million USD.
- Previous applicants (including grantees) are welcome to re-apply.
- Organizations not eligible for consideration:
- Organizations whose primary activity is advocacy.
- Religiously based organizations or organizations that participate in or are affiliated with proselytizing.
- Organizations with total yearly expenses over $2 Million USD.
For more information, visit https://foundationbeyondbelief.org/grants-old/compassionate-impact-grant/