The U.S. Mission in Brazil, in collaboration with the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM), is pleased to welcome proposals via the Julia Taft Refugee Fund from potential NGO partners working in the area of refugee protection and assistance in Brazil.
This support is meant to meet one-time, low-cost gaps in refugee protection and assistance and to respond to urgent needs that have not been addressed by larger multilateral refugee programs.
Funding for proposals submitted in response to this funding notice is not guaranteed and will be based on availability of funding.
Maximum Award Amount: $25,000
- The most effective proposals are for one-time investments in infrastructure, supplies, or materials. Priority will not be given to proposals that fund ongoing NGO operations or salaries.
- The funds are meant to support projects that assist refugees or refugee returnees.
- Consideration for support is given to projects that benefit both populations of concern and their host communities.
- The fund is not intended for recurring programs and is not meant as an emergency fund.
- Applicants must be a registered organization (e.g. NGO, community-based organization, faith-based organization).
- Local NGOs will be given priority. International NGOs may submit a proposal but must have a close partnership with a local NGO.
For more information, visit https://br.usembassy.gov/funding-opportunity-julia-taft-refugee-fund/