The City of East Lansing is pleased to launch FY22 Cultural Arts Grant Program to support high-quality public art projects that encourage artistic expression and public participation, with an emphasis on promoting cultural appreciation for Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) communities as well as the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersexual and Asexual (LGBTQIA+) community.
The City of East Lansing through the Arts Commission, promotes art in the community; encourages cooperation with local arts agencies; develops and recommends proposals for activities related to exhibition, performance and instruction in the arts;
- $17,500 for the Cultural Arts Grants in Fiscal Year 2022. There are $3,551 remaining to allocate for Round 2.
- There is no minimum or maximum grant amount; however, applicants are advised that the Commission is interested in supporting as many programs as possible over a wide range of genres.
- The Arts Commission is also interested in encouraging applicants to pursue a variety of funding sources and to work toward financial sustainability.
- Applicants are discouraged from relying on the Cultural Arts Grant program for ongoing expenses. Applications that request no more than $500 or 15% of the total project cost, whichever is more, will be viewed favorably.
- Preference will be given to applicants who show multiple sources of funding. Ongoing or repeat events should demonstrate an ability to continue into the future, independent of these funds.
- Projects must take place within the City of East Lansing.
- The project must primarily benefit City of East Lansing residents.
- The project must encourage artistic awareness, public participation and/or cultural arts appreciation.
- The project must provide evidence of artistic merit.
- The project must take place between October 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.
- The Artist or Project Coordinator is not required to be a resident of the City of East Lansing.
For more information, visit https://www.cityofeastlansing.com/394/FY22-Cultural-Arts-Grant