The Geelong Arts Centre is pleased to announce the Ignition Grants Program which is designed for projects in the early stages of creation and need support in transitioning from creative development to preparation for presentation.
The Geelong Arts Centre is looking for projects that demonstrate clear ambition, connection to audience and an understanding of the resources needed to be successful.
- Cash contribution: up to $5,000
- Access to rehearsal studio spaces (maximum of 76 hours)
- Access to co-working and meeting spaces
- Mentoring opportunities with leading independent practitioners
- Opportunity for an informal progress showing, however this is not a requirement
Expectations of grant recipients
- Attend professional development sessions provided by Geelong Arts Centre
- Attend gatherings to meet fellow grant recipients and to connect with the Creative Engine community of creatives
- Complete an informal acquittal at the conclusion of your development period
- If you work or live in Geelong and surrounding regions or you can demonstrate significant connection to the region, then YES! You are eligible.
- They encourage collaboration between artists and organisations from further afield, including with national or international project partners.
- They are more than happy to look at supporting multiple developments for one project or from creatives who have previously received support.
- Factors that will be considered in assessing your connection to the region (outside of living or working in Geelong) may include:
- Are you developing a body of work here? Will your project be premiered in Geelong?
- Do you have a robust strategy for community inclusion in your project?
- Are you interested in partnering with other organisations in Geelong or the surrounding region to deliver workshops or events for local artists and/or community?
- Have you previously presented work or delivered artist/community workshops in the region?
- Can you demonstrate any previous connections or partnerships with local artists, companies or organisations?
- Connection: What are your/the project’s connections to Geelong? Why is this project relevant currently for Geelong audiences and communities? How does this project support your current practice and how may the project contribute to your professional career development?
- Innovation: In your approach, be that through art form, story or concept – what innovation is being explored? What specific creative outcomes are you hoping to achieve from this exploration?
- Thoughtfulness: What considerations have you made for the project? How will you achieve your creative output/s? What do you need for this project to be a success? How will you support your own wellbeing and that of your collaborators?
For more information, visit https://geelongartscentre.org.au/creative-engine/grants-support-initiatives/ignition/