Deadline: 30 March 2017
The German Embassy in Canberra, in co-operation with the National Press Club of Australia is currently inviting Australian journalists for its German Grant for Journalism 2017. The purpose of this grant –which was first awarded in 1986 – is to encourage Australian journalists to present issues pertaining to Germany to Australian audiences.
The winner is offered a one week research trip to Germany in the lead-up to the 2017 Federal Election, funded and supported by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany.
This year’s topic is:
“Populism and party dissatisfaction – challenges ahead of the German Federal Election?”
The journalistic products must be published within six months following applicant’s research in Germany. Therefore please indicate how and where applicants intend to publish or broadcast their project.
- The German Government will finance travel between Australia and Germany and meet all costs of travel, accommodation, meals and interpreter/guide services within Germany for up to one week.
- A detailed programme will be organised in accordance with the submitted entry.
- Furthermore, the winner is free to extend the trip to stay and cover the actual Federal Election or to visit other European countries/EU institutions in Brussels at her/his own expense.
How to Apply
- Four hard copies of the application including any attachments are required, along with a brief CV and a description of your professional career.
- Applicants can submit their application accompanied by a recommendation of their editor at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit German Grant for Journalism 2017.