Deadline: 24 January 2020
GlobalGiving is seeking applications from nonprofit organizations for its 2020 Giving Season Accelerator in order to build skills, access tools, and grow their base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success.
GlobalGiving is the largest global crowdfunding community connecting nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country. They help nonprofits from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe (and hundreds of places in between) access the tools, training, and support they need to be more effective and make their world a better place.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help applicants take their fundraising to the next level. Following an optional one-week training curriculum, applicants will be entered into an Accelerator campaign where they will raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
What is the Accelerator?
The Accelerator is the first step to joining GlobalGiving as a permanent partner! The Accelerator is typically a three-week fundraising campaign where the goal is to raise $5,000 USD from 40 unique donors.
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
- Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates
- A custom media kit to help promote their accomplishment
- A certificate of completion from GlobalGiving
- Additional promotional opportunities, including through GlobalGiving’s social media or homepage, for top performers
- GlobalGiving provides several opportunities for organizations to win Bonus prizes or matching funds during the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign.
- Bonus Day: During the Accelerator, GlobalGiving will have one Bonus Day during which GlobalGiving will match online donations up to $1,000.
- Most Funds Raised Prizes: At the conclusion of the Accelerator campaign, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will receive $3,000. The organization that raises the second highest amount will receive $2,000 and the organization with the third highest amount will receive $1,000.
- Most Unique Donors Prize: At the conclusion of the Accelerator, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will receive an exclusive reward.
- Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.globalgiving.org/accelerator/