Deadline: 29 July 2016
Grand Challenges Canada is seeking proposals for its program entitled “Saving Brains” with a goal to increase human capital through the development and delivery of bold ideas with real-world impact that protect and nurture early brain development at scale in an equitable, sustainable manner.
Areas of Interest
- Child neglect, abuse or maltreatment
- Exposure to violence, including community violence and intimate partner violence
- Exposure to contaminants/pollutants
- Inadequate stimulation and or/learning
- Inadequate socialization and or/interaction
- Maternal mental health conditions
- Neonatal insults and conditions compromising newborn health
- Pregnancy compilications
- Sensory impairments
- Toxic stress
- The applicant must be a non-profit organization, for-profit company, or another recognized institution that is incorporated in an eligible juridisction and is capable of receiving and administering funding.
- Only institutions from the countries mentioned below are eligible to apply.
- All project implementation sites must be in countries other than Canada that are listed below.
- A project can have a maximum of two Project Leads, both of which must have primary affiliations to institutions in eligible countries listed below.
- Applicant institutions from Canada must apply with a co-Project Lead primarily affiliated with an institution in an eligible country.
- A majority of the budget must be spent on activities in eligible countries other than Canada.
- Proposals to be implemented in Brazil must have a Brazilian institution as applicant and Project Leads should should be primarily affiliated to Brazillian institutions.
- Innovations to be implemented in Turkey or Lebanon must target refugee/migrant populations
- Saving Brains WILL NOT fund discovery science, capacity-building initiatives or ongoing programmatic funding through this RFP.
- A Project Lead may only be listed in one applications to this RFP.
- Applications must include all requiared information and attachements. Only complete applications will be considered for peer review.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals through the Grand Challenges Canada Community Portal.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Columbia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, rep, Côte d’Ivoire, Dijibouti, Dominica, Egypt, ARab Rep., El Salvadoe, Eriteria, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenanda, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz rep., Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, fed. Sets, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Saving Brains.