Deadline: 19 July 2016
Grand Challenges Canada is seeking proposals for its Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health programme in order to support Bold Ideas for Big Impact on reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health from innovators in eligible countries.
Grand Challenges Canada seeks to bold ideas that can easily be implemented in the LMIC that focus on RMNCH, including those that will yield positive early childhood experiences that contribute to the health and well-being of all children around the world.
Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $100,000 for up to 12-18 months to develop and validate the proposed innovation.
- Improve use of essential health services, including comprehensive family planning
- Reduce the burden of infectious diseases that dispropotionately affect pregnant women and young children, including through improving access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation
- Improve nutrition
- Eligible applicants include social enterprises and other recognized institutions( non-profit organization, for-profit company) that are legally registered or incorporated in an eligible jurisdiction,that can successfully execute the activites in their respective technical area and are capable of receiving and administering grant funding.
- Only applicants from the countries mentioned below are eligible to apply for the programme.
- It is mandatory for all applicants from Canada to have a collaborator based in an eligible country except Canada.
- A project can only have one Project Lead who must be affiliated with the institutin from which the proposal is being submitted
- Applicants must include all required information and attachements.
- Proposed ideas must be aligned with the programe scope.
Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Columbia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, rep, Côte d’Ivoire, Dijibouti, Dominica, Egypt, ARab Rep., El Salvadoe, Eriteria, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenanda, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz rep., Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, fed. Sets, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals through the Grand Challenges Canada Community Portal.
For more information, please download this pdf.