Applications are now open for the Active Citizens Fund to Supports Portuguese NGO Projects.
This Call of the Active Citizens Fund supports Portuguese NGO projects, which work towards strengthening democratic culture and civic awareness.
In 2021, supported projects should focus on monitoring public policies and organizing awareness-raising campaigns to denounce extremism, hate speech, and populism.
- The Programme objective is to strengthen civil society and active citizenship and to empower vulnerable groups.
- To achieve this, the Programme aims to support projects promoting:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency;
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups;
- Capacity building of NGOs.
- The Programme shall also contribute to the overall objectives of the EEA Grants in Portugal and to the accomplishment of good governance and sustainable development.
- The Programme is also intended to encourage the establishment of partnerships between the Portuguese NGOs, and between them and public and private entities located in Portugal, the Beneficiaries States, the Donor States or international organisations or bodies or agencies thereof
- Large projects under this Call must have a total supportable cost greater than 20,000 euros and equal to or less than 75,000 euros, with eligible costs being co-financed by the Programme at a maximum rate of 90%;
- The maximum duration of selected projects under this Call is 20 months, with an expected start date in March 2022.
- Advocacy activities, including the development and dissemination of policy papers/policy proposals;
- Public policy watchdog and monitoring activities, including the implementation of recommendations or decisions taken at the international level;
- Awareness raising, sharing of information in decision-making processes concerning public policies;
- Promotion of e-participation tools that increase citizens’ participation in decision-making processes;
- Collaboration between NGOs and investigative journalists to ensure transparency and combat corruption;
- Awareness raising campaigns and actions that tackle fake news and disinformation and promote media literacy;
- Awareness-raising campaigns and actions that counter extremism, hate speech and populism;
- Partnerships and promotion of structured dialogue between NGOs and public and private entities.
- Each eligible entity can only submit a maximum of one application per year, either as a promoter or partner;
- Depending on the dimension of the projects, it may be mandatory to form a partnership. Please carefully read the respective Call Notice.
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/cidadaos-ativos/en/bolsas-lista/strengthened-democratic-culture-and-civic-awareness-2/