Applications for Blandin Foundation Grant Program are now open.
Blandin Foundation is both a responsive and strategic grantmaker. They welcome applications from current and potential grantees working to strengthen rural Minnesota communities, and concentrate their investments in three primary strategic areas of focus.
- Itasca County Area Vibrancy: Blandin Foundation’s most substantial and broadest form of grantmaking occurs in North-Central Minnesota (Itasca County and the neighboring communities of Blackduck, Northome, Hill City and Remer). They support work that helps meet the economic, social, physical, cultural and spiritual/wellness needs of Itasca-area residents.
- Rural Community Leadership: In addition to community leadership training programs, Blandin Foundation offers grants to support community leaders as they think holistically and act collaboratively on systems-level (embedded policies or practices that perpetuate community inequities) issues they have identified as critical to the health and resiliency of their community.
- Expand Opportunity: Grants support projects that improve and align education, entrepreneurship, quality employment and innovations to expand opportunity for every community member.
- Amount: Over $50,000
Eligible organizations and activities are:
- Minnesota organizations serving, and preferably located in, rural communities of 35,000 residents or less
- Project has a clearly defined charitable purpose recognized by the IRS
- Align with Blandin Foundation’s focus areas
Ineligible organizations and activities are:
- Projects benefiting metropolitan areas of the state (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Duluth, Moorhead, Rochester, St. Cloud, Mankato)
- Projects outside the state of Minnesota
- Religious activities
- Medical research
- Travel grants for individuals or groups
- Camping and athletic programs
- Ordinary government services
- Grants solely intended to influence specific legislation or a specific candidate.
For more information, visit https://blandinfoundation.org/news-room/events/grants-over-50000/