The Khind Starfish Foundation is inviting applications for Projects for Happiness that is an initiative for all undergraduates in Malaysia to design grassroots projects – anywhere in Malaysia – which promote happiness and address the root cause of poverty and poor education.
They encourage applicants to employ innovative techniques and creativity to engage participants in ways that focus on education, helping the underprivileged, arts & culture, environmental protection, animal welfare, and racial harmony.
They want to encourage nationwide sustainable community initiatives by finding creative ways to help uplift the lives of those who are socioeconomically challenged. They believe that we all, everyone, in their own way should give back to society.
- There are six categories of themes in this project:
- Helping the Underprivileged Community,
- Quality Education
- Arts and Culture
- Environment Protection
- Animal Welfare
- Racial Harmony
- Poverty eradication and education shall be targeted to those under privileged groups that aim at improving their living conditions, creating jobs and providing education opportunity for the needy.
- Cultural and performing arts shall organize, carry out, facilitate or support initiatives or measures in connection with promotion of culture, arts or heritage.
- Each selected submission will be awarded a grant, up to a maximum of RM10,000.00.
- Undergraduates in any Malaysian university are eligible to apply.
- They welcome both group and individual submissions.
Note: In view of the COVID19 pandemic, Project for Happiness has pivoted our direction that all our projects for submission are required to include online or online related elements.
- To be considered, a student (or group of students) must upload an infographic to Instagram and prepare a written statement which describes the project (who, what, where, how) including expected outcomes and prospects for the future impact (not to exceed two pages) as well as budget (one separate page).
- All written project proposals, require a heading to include the following: name of the participating institution, name of all student participants, title of project, dates of the projects, location where the project will be performed. Proposals should include preapproval of all involved parties and organizations involved in the project.
- The two page proposal and onepage budget should be submitted electronically to the official website of the Khind Starfish Foundation. Students with queries may direct them to their campus designated official or the supporting team from the foundation.
- Application forms and details can be downloaded and submitted at www.khindstarfishfoundation.org.my
For more information visit http://www.khindstarfishfoundation.org.my/about-project.php