The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking proposals from strong national CSOs aimed at strengthening the capacities of key government officials to integrate efforts to combat VAWG into the development plans.
This activity will be implemented in strong coordination with the Ministry of Gender for enhancing its county-level staff capacities to effectively implement programs and policies that promote basic human rights, especially the rights of women and girls in Liberia.
Scope of work
- Strengthen the capacities of 100 key government officials from selected national institutions to integrate efforts to combat VAWG into the development plans and provide oversight in compliance with international standards.
- Specifically train and design strategies and programs that respond to SGBV/VAWG integrat ed into national development plans
- Enhance the capacities of 15 MGCSP’s County Coordinators for improved communication and data entry capacity.
This grant will support budgets of no more than $75,000.
Grants will be awarded to organizations based on the following considerations:
- National, Women’s rights organizations or women’s led organization
- The organization’s proven administrative and financial management capacity to undertake the interventions.
- The feasibility and soundness of the proposal with sustainability strategies and related budget; and
- The legitimacy and quality of the contribution and values that the group/movement can provide for the attainment of development results and maximizing the impact of a program/project and
CSO implementation teams should possess the following key competencies:
- Advocacy and communication skills
- Project Coordination.
- Development of strategies, plans and /or programs to prevent and respond to VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and promote women and girls’ SRHR, for women and girls facing intersecting and multiple forms of discrimination
- Skilled in community-based projects programs
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=91346