The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a project to establish and implement a comprehensive mandatory continuing legal education (CLE) program and methodology for lawyers in North Macedonia, including curriculum and a learning management system (LMS).
Goal: North Macedonia’s criminal defense lawyers competently represent citizens’ rights in criminal proceedings.
- The North Macedonia Defense Bar Association provides continuing legal education for defense lawyers.
- North Macedonia Defense Bar Association refurbishes its functional Educational Center to conduct training programs.
- Total available funding: $400,000
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $200,000 to a maximum of $400,000
- Length of performance period: 24 months
- Anticipated program start date: May 1, 2022
Priority Region/Countries: North Macedonia
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- U.S.-based non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- U.S.-based educational institutions subject to section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code;
- Foreign-based non-profits/non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- Foreign-based educational institutions
Note: Public International Organizations (PIOs) and For-Profit Organizations are excluded from applying to this grant announcement.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=337387