UN Women is calling for proposals to implement and execute a socio-educational-labor program that contributes to social integration and improvement of the transversal skills of people for the world of work and educational and labor (re) insertion.
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, UN Women, based on the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works to eliminate discrimination against women and girls; for the empowerment of women, and for achieving equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, for the rights human beings, in humanitarian actions, in peace and security.
- The general objective of the project is to build the foundations so that women in vulnerable situations can move empowerment processes towards economic autonomy.
- The specific objectives of the Project are:
- Promote the acquisition of knowledge, skills, habits and skills for access, sustainability and circulation in the world of work of the participants.
- Promote the educational reintegration of the beneficiaries.
- Strengthen their capacities in decision-making and personal development.
- Strengthen the knowledge and exercise of the rights of the participants.
- Provide training for the incorporation of technical knowledge in the stipulated topics and accompany them in their job placement
The six priority areas are:
- Expand women’s voices, leadership and participation.
- Eliminate violence against women and girls.
- Strengthen the implementation of the women’s peace and security agenda.
- Increase the economic autonomy of women.
- Make gender equality priorities essential in plans, budgets and national, local and sectoral statistics.
- Implement global norms, policies and benchmarks on gender equality and empowerment of women, laying the foundations for the adoption of measures by the governments and other stakeholders at all levels
- The budget for this proposal must range between Uruguayan pesos 4,000,000 and 5,400,000 (min – max)
The expected results of the Project are:
- That the employability strategy be sustained and permanent, that it be consolidated as a social integration and that it does not refer strictly to an employment policy, that it is vehicle for inclusion, supported by empowerment strategies with a gender perspective.
- That the workload in unpaid care is reduced for women participating in the Project, taking into account that there is a strong relationship between the presence of boys and girls in poor households and the decrease in the activity rate of women in these households.
- Technical / functional skills required
- Organizational Profile
- Show knowledge and experience of work in the departments de Canelones, and / or Tacuarembó and / or Durazno.
- Experience in the design and execution of workshop cycles with a focus gender and with groups of women in vulnerable situations social / economic.
- Have technical teams with proven experience in working in gender and rights issues.
- Participation in territorial articulation networks and spaces.
- General profile:
- Proven experience in job training courses
- Team Job Profile
- Work experience in the design and execution of workshops aimed at women in situations of social / economic vulnerability.
- Experience and specialized knowledge in gender matters.
- Knowledge of the local-territorial reality.
- Formation of the work team for each department:
- A coordinator who will make the main dialogue with the different instances of INMUJERES and the other actors of the territory. Shall have a great capacity for dialogue, teamwork and establishment of links with interlocutors outside the institution. Solid knowledge of the local-territorial reality.
- A reference figure for the participating women (it is suggested social educator) who is present in the different instances specific to training and job placement.
- A psychologist in charge of the individual accompaniment strategy and collective, the latter will also be in a pair with another professional that complies with the technical profile.
- Teacher, teacher or educator who ensures pedagogical aspects and didactics in the design of the proposed methodology
- For specific technical training, it will be assessed that they comply with the profile overview of the work team already detailed.
- Two professionals in charge of Phase IV. (Can be assumed by 1 of the professionals responsible for the accompaniment strategy collective).
- Professional in charge of the systematization of the entire process, including the analysis of evaluations, and support in the preparation of reports.
- Organizational Profile
- Other competencies that, although they are not required, can be very useful for the provision of services
- Proposals may be submitted by organizations that have residence, headquarters or work experience in the departments of Canelones, and / or Tacuarembó and / or Durazno.
For more information, visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2021/06/call-for-proposals—talleres-de-empleabilidad