The AIDS Foundation South Africa (AFSA) invites interested non-profit organisations, organisations, and government departments to Implement Human Rights and Advocacy (HRA) Programme in support of HIV Prevention Programmes for Adolescent & Young People (AYP) and Sex Workers (SW).
- Strengthened Organizing by Civil Society
- Evidence-based advocacy
- Synergy and partnerships
- GIPA /MIPA Principle
- Priority populations for training, sensitization and engagement include:
- Healthcare workers -implemented by NDoH
- Law enforcers (SAPS, etc.) – implemented by SANAC
- People in the NPA – implemented by SANAC
- Correctional facility officials – implemented by SANAC
- PCAs and the DACs -implemented by SRs
- Priority populations for services:
- Survivors of sexual and gender-based violence
- Adolescents with disabilities
- Sex workers (male, female, transgender, clients of sex workers
- Minors (<18 years) who sell sex
- Reduced percentage of people living with HIV who report experiences of HIV-related discrimination in health-care settings from 13.89% at baseline to 10% by 2024/2025
- Reduced percentage of people diagnosed with TB who report stigma in health care settings to 10% by 2024/2025 (no baseline)
- Increased percentage of people living with HIV reporting their rights were violated who sought legal redress from 8% at baseline to 35% by 2024/2025
The minimum requirements to serve as an SR include:
- Sound governance frameworks, demonstrated by, inter alia, by a diversified board and management team, and at least one year audited financial statements.
- Appropriate staffing in key areas (programme and financial management, human resources, programme implementation and management, monitoring and evaluation and procurement management).
- Experience of managing grants and SSRs, where applicable.
- A track record of effective and efficient implementation of similar activities, preferably in the target district.
- A sound system of management and financial controls.
- A sound monitoring and evaluation system, tools, and procedures amongst other requirements.
These organisational requirements will be assessed during the evaluation process.
For more information, visit https://www.aids.org.za/request/request-for-applications-rfa-provision-of-sub-recipient-sr-services-to-implement-human-rights-and-advocacy-hra-programme-in-support-of-hiv-prevention-programmes-for-adolescent-young-people-a/