Applications are now open to Increase Support for Human Rights.
This Call of the Active Citizens Fund supports Portuguese NGO projects, which work towards supporting and defending human rights.
- Large projects under this Call must have a total supportable cost greater than 20,000 euros and equal to or less than 75,000 euros, with eligible costs being co-financed by the Programme at a maximum rate of 90%;
- The maximum duration of selected projects under this Call is 20 months, with an expected start date in March 2022.
- Human rights education and training, in particular for young people;
- Awareness raising campaigns and actions that prevent or fight human rights violations such as discrimination on any ground, racism, hate speech and all forms of violence;
- Activities valuing human diversity and promoting tolerance and the acceptance of that which is different;
- Activities preventing and denouncing human rights violations against migrants and refugees and the Roma people;
- Activities promoting equality and respect of LGBTI people rights;
- Promotion of gender equality, including in parenthood and employment;
- Advocacy work on human rights;
- Research and analysis activities supporting political action in favour of human rights;
- Cooperation and participation in decision-making processes concerning public policies on human rights;
- Collection and reporting of information regarding human rights violations;
- Support to civil litigation processes in favour of human rights (counselling, legal assistance, etc.);
- The creation of platforms and the use of digital matchmaking tools to facilitate and develop actions that promote intercultural dialogue and human rights;
- Identifying and adopting good practices in specific areas of human rights in the context of a developing digital society.
- Each eligible entity can only submit a maximum of one application per year, either as a promoter or partner;
- Depending on the dimension of the projects, it may be mandatory to form a partnership.
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/cidadaos-ativos/en/bolsas-lista/increased-support-for-human-rights-2/