The Greater Carlisle Community Foundation has launched Grant Program focuses on raising funds to support projects and programs that enhance education, community betterment, arts, culture, health and human services.
Program Areas of Focus
Applications should fall under one of these focus areas:
- Arts/Culture/Humanities – Museums, historic preservation, exhibits
- Education – Schools (all ages), adult Learning Programs.
- Environment/Animals – Environmental protection, beautification, animal-Related Issues
- Health – General public health, rehabilitative, mental
- Human Services – Public Protection and safety, recreation, youth Development (other than educations) food insecurity, general human services
- Community and Economic Development – Community improvement and development, volunteerism, capacity-building, tourism, civil rights.
- The maximum grant awarded is $500 per project.
Types of Projects
Projects should fall under or of two types:
- Capital-based request refers to the building of or the physical improvement or a project that helps maintain or improve an asset, such as equipment, new construction, renovation or replacement.
- Program-Based: request refers to activities or general programmatic support, such as purchase of education materials or items needed to support a program or service
Your application will be considered if the following criteria are met:
- The project is in the Carlisle Iowa School District, or directly serves these residents.
- The applying organization is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization or 170 (b) unit of government (city, county or school).
- If the applying organization is not a 501(c)3 or 170(b), a fiscal sponsor* has agreed to be legally and financially responsible. (The fiscal sponsor must be a 501(c)3 or 170(b).
For more information, visit https://www.greatercarlislefoundation.org/grants/grant-applications/