The Greater Toledo Community Foundation has announced the Community Funds to support a variety of programs in the fields of education, social services, physical and mental health, neighborhood and urban affairs, natural resources, and the arts.
Greater Toledo Community Foundation, Inc. is a public charitable organization created by citizens of the community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in service area. The Foundation serves Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan with a particular emphasis on the greater Toledo area.
The Foundation have a particular interest in providing seed money for new programs designed to meet emerging community needs or to expand existing successful programs. Emphasis is placed on programs that will: (a) Create safe, positive living environments; (b) Enable families to develop the skills/resources needed to support and nurture each member; and (c) Foster the development of responsible young people who are capable of achieving their fullest potential. Multi-year requests will be considered if the applicant organization can show the progression of the project over time. Grant funds should only be requested to support direct programmatic expenses.
Grant Review Criteria
Competitive grant proposals will address the following:
- Represent an unduplicated opportunity and meet a significant community need.
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources.
- Promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and the elimination of duplicated services.
- Test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems.
- Propose a specific program rather than general operating support for the organization.
- Propose to generate matching funds, thus leveraging additional support.
- Include a thoughtful, reasonable plan for obtaining continuing financial support once Foundation funds are expended.
- Grants are awarded only to nonprofit, charitable organizations which have been designated as having taxexempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
For more information, visit https://www.toledocf.org/grants-2/#tcf__grant-2475