Deadline: 12 July 2016
The U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section in Mumbai is seeking proposals from organisations for a programme entitled “Green Heroes Film Workshops & Festival”.
Many Indians are taking action to stop climate change and protect the environment in their neighborhoods and communities, but often their stories go untold. This program will identify and showcase some of these unsung Green Heroes and enable up-and-coming storytellers to share these Green Heroes’ stories with broader audiences.
By training the next generation of documentary filmmakers to tell these environmental stories, it hopes to generate broader support for initiatives to mitigate climate change and protect the environment.
- Training workshops in five locations
- A finale film festival in Mumbai.
- Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between $70,000.00 to $90,000.00.
- Grant projects generally should be completed in one year or less.
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations.
- Individuals are not eligible for an award under this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award.
- When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi grants/cooperative agreements cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity; fundraising campaigns; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development of the organization, or illegal activities.
- Applicants must acquire all required registrations and rights in the United States and India.
- All intellectual property considerations and rights must be fully met in the United States and India.
- Any sub-recipient organization must also meet all the U.S. and Indian requirements.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: India and United States
For more information, please visit Green Heroes Film Workshops & Festival.