Applications are now open for the Groundswell’s Rapid Response Fund to provide fast funding to grassroots organizations led by women of color, trans people of color, and low-income women and trans people in critical, but unexpected, fights to protect and advance reproductive and social justice.
- Rapid Response Fund grant requests for 2020 may range from $5,000 to $25,000. On rare occasions, Groundswell may consider requests of up to $50,000, but only on a case-by-case basis.
- A strategic organizing response to a public attack or a community crisis.
- A strategic organizing response to advance solidarity and coordination of organizations working across issues to defend the most vulnerable communities.
- A strategic organizing response to an unforeseen legislative or policy development.
- A strategic organizing response to a new opportunity that is immediate, has a specific time frame, and is aligned with Groundswell Fund’s approach and priorities.
- A short-term project or action that creates opportunities to organize and build coalitions and/or educate public officials or the general public.
For more information, visit https://groundswellfund.org/rapid-response-fund/